I ran across this question in a blog today:
“What if you were to write down the top ten activities that make you happy and are good for your long-term happiness and health, then start spending most of your time doing those things?”
The blog is about managing finances through a frugal lifestyle, and it interested me enough I’m going back to the beginning and reading my way through. (You’ll see if you click the link that it is from an early entry.) When I read this question it got me thinking.
I thought I would pop over to my own blog and answer it.
- Spending time playing with my nieces.
- Long rambling conversations with my boyfriend.
- Talking with and spending time with my sister.
- Hanging out with my girlfriends.
- Preparing food – especially trying new and interesting recipes.
- Spending a quiet weekend up at my cabin.
- Long walks with my dog where we explore new places.
- Spending an hour or more with a great book.
- Writing – in this blog, in journals, wherever.
- Being creative, working on projects, building things and making art.
Hmmm… why does it seem like these are the things I spend the least amount of time doing?
Photo credit: Bilal Kammon